Website Gulf Island
Pipe Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Houma, LA, United States|
Gulf Island provides fabrication of complex steel structures and marine vessels and offshore and onshore services.
The company is looking for a Pipe Fitter who will be responsible for the fabrication, fitting, assembly, installation, inspection, and testing of complex piping systems at various stages of the production process.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated ability as a Pipe Fitter.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and/or verbal, with little or no supervision.
- Alignment of spools, pipes, and components using chain falls and other equipment.
- Attach pipes to structures and fixtures, such bulkheads, decks, and inner-bottom using brackets, clamps, hangers, or by welding.
- Cut and boreholes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, and inner-bottom for pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed pipe systems or segments using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Installing outfit items such as pumps, strainers, valve actuators, gauges, hoses, expansion joints, etc.
- Measure, mark, cut, bevel, and thread piping.
- Planning, laying out, assembly, and fitting of pipe, pipe spools, tubes, and fittings such as elbows, tees, valves, hoses, gauges, and related pumps/equipment using blueprints while maintaining alignment tolerances.
- Quality checking completed items.
- Other typical duties are performed by a pipe fitter.
- Able to layout, fit, erect, and fabricate components with little or no supervision
- Able to read a tape measure (standard and metric);
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills along with advanced blueprint reading skills.
- Capable of utilizing various beveling and burning equipment.
- Have working experience using a hand torch, grinder, pipe threading machine, hydraulic and ratchet jacks along with chain falls and come-a-longs.
- Working knowledge and understanding in the use of hand tools such as squares, roll templates, hand levels, and plumb bobs used in a marine construction environment.
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to able to successfully pass the Pipe Fitter written and practical tests.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Access – Ability to enter a 24” diameter access hole and step over a 24” high threshold.
- Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing -These are all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be needed /required to work in this industrial environment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Climbing – It is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Lifting – Able to lift 50#.
- Pushing and Pulling – These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Reaching, forward, and reaching overhead – These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Standing – This is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Turning, twisting, bending, and stooping – These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Walking – This is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- 80 to 90% of the work activities are performed outdoors. Individuals will be required to work in changes of temperature, hot, cold, humid, wet and dry conditions; dust, mud, etc., along with other conditions in an industrial work environment.
Gulf Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.