Pipe Foreman Job Highlights
|Fort Pierce, FL, United States
Haskell is a construction company that delivers architecture, engineering, construction, and consulting solutions for complex capital projects worldwide.
The company is seeking a Pipe Foreman who will be responsible for the direct supervision of assigned construction projects and for obtaining successful cost results with respect to labor, equipment, and material utilization.
Work under the direction of the Project Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction industry
- Checks and verifies dimensions within the design drawings and approves field layout of all lines and grades
- Initiates job site safety and accident prevention efforts; investigates and reports accidents; holds safety meetings and maintains safe working conditions on job sites
- Manages job personnel below the Assistant Superintendent level; handles complaints and disciplinary actions with assigned employees
- Plans and develops construction techniques and methods such as temporary structures, materials handling, crew size and deployment, equipment requirements, and task sequences
- Plans daily tasks and directs work for all crew members
- Pre-plans and schedules activities on a daily and weekly basis as required
- Purchases miscellaneous materials and requisitions rental equipment
- Receives, stores, and monitors purchased materials and rented equipment
- Responsible for quality of company-performed work; oversees work to ensure compliance with engineered drawings and schedule
- Responsible for the execution and utilization of the Task Planning Checklist by assigned personnel
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service, and Trust
- Carries out detailed written and verbal instructions independently
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities in tough situations
- Good analysis and observation skills
- Good organizational and verbal communication skills; attention to detail
- Possesses a sound and deep knowledge of construction procedures and safety measures
- Provides effective verbal and written instructions
- Required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read application/form information.
- Frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Hospital indemnity, accident, and critical care plans
- Employee assistance programs for physical and mental well-being
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible work hours and remote work options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the organization
- Paid time off and nine company holidays
- Professional development and training opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with company discretionary matching contributions
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-haskell.icims.com.