Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Pipe Mill QA Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Pipe Mill QA Inspector|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional services firm that specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is seeking a Pipe Mill Inspector who will perform duties for inspecting line pipe, fittings, valves, or related material as it relates to the pipeline industry in a manufacturing environment or field environment on an on-call, as-needed basis.
Inspectors will be responsible for performing visual inspection and taking dimensional inspection readings as well as recording them daily. Inspections by the inspector may be performed on the bare pipe or coated pipe during the logistics phase of loading and offloading of pipe. Inspector must be able to inspect pipes on OD and ID surfaces.
Other duties include witnessing/monitoring in process of destructive and nondestructive testing.
Pipe Mill Inspectors will need to be able to comprehend API, ASME, and ANSI Specifications, Client Specifications, Inspection Test Plans (ITPs), and Manufacturing Procedure Specifications and be able to apply them to the material or product being inspected.
- The applicants must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess 3 years of experience required in a related field of piping or fittings or valve with manufacturing or coating and logistics.
- One of the below-
-NACE/AMPP CIP Level I
-ASNT Level II in MT, PT, RT, or UT
- Daily reporting and production schedule monitoring
- Material traceability
- Preservation, packing, and shipping
- Review NDT test reports
- Review of calibration certificates for test equipment
- Stenciling and marking
- Verification/validation of Material Test Reports (MTRs)
- Visual, dimensional, and ovality inspection
- Welding inspection
- Witness mechanical testing
- Coating Inspection-
-Visual inspection prior to coating
-Verification of type of coatings to be used
-Wet and dry film thickness checks
-Monitor curing operations
-Visual inspection (post-coating)
-Monitor and inspect for handling damage
-Witness and document all repairs
-Daily reporting to client and coating progress monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have fundamental knowledge of API 5L and ANSI-related material.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- 5+ years of experience required in a related field of piping or fittings or valve with manufacturing or coating and logistics.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices, and defect management practices.
- Documentation review knowledge of NDE methods: PT, MT, RT, and UT
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools.
- NACE/AMPP CIP Level 2 or 3.
- Proficient with computers and portable electronic tablets and supporting software applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours, and use proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new job site location upon request, throughout the entire SoCal Gas service territory.
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.