Website IMI Industrial Services Group
Pipe Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Athens, GA, United States|
|Company||IMI Industrial Services Group|
IMI Industrial Services Group provides turnkey facility maintenance services using our millwrights, electricians, piping, and construction crews. The company’s field services include process piping, sanitary piping, equipment installation, and equipment rebuilds.
The company is looking for a Pipe Welder who may specialize in certain or a few welding processes and welding positions and have a narrower base of knowledge.
They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities.
These employees report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
- The applicants should have either advanced from the Pipe Welder Helper level or developed skills through technical training and/or field experience.
- If they have obtained the NCCER or AWS certification, or completed a related program through an accredited technical school.
- They must be able to pass the internal welding test with a 70 or above.
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear. Utilize logical step-by-step procedures for work, planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversion of fractions and decimals, and geometry.
- Clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using a wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath.
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor.
- Inspects completed welds for bead size and to determine structural soundness.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Lays out, aligns, and welds the cast, fabricated, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, buildings, and pipes.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining length of arc and speed and movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc (GMAW), Flux-Cored Arc (FCAW), Gas-Tungsten Arc (GTAW), Submerged Arc (SAW), or Shielded Metal Arc (SMAW/MMA) welding processes.
- May weld in 1G to 6G positions: flat, horizontal, vertical, inclined, or overhead.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through a portable welding gun.
- Remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, and grinder.
- Repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes.
- Selects type and size of pipe or related materials and equipment according to specifications.
- Knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- The individual should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the pipe welding field.
- Ability to climb a ladder and step into various pieces of equipment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly for working shift
- Good physical fitness, eye-hand coordination, and ability to quickly respond to sounds.
- Good sense of balance with the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity is needed for repetitive tasks and to operate standard operating equipment.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, twist, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors including times of inclement weather.
- Must be highly safety conscious and have the ability to see and escape from dangerous situations
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
IMI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The company does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit imiindustrialservicesgroup.applytojob.com.