Website Colonna's Shipyard
Pipe Welder Job Highlights
|Location||San Diego, CA, United States|
Colonna’s Shipyard is a diversified industrial company, with multiple divisions and affiliates delivering the highest quality ship repair, machining, and steel fabrication services to both the commercial and government markets.
The company is looking for a Pipe Welder to join its team for the Structural Department.
- The applicants may be required a have a basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have proven previous experience in a similar role as Pipe Welder.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform multi-pass, all position fillet and butt welds using welding processes like-
-FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding
-GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
- Burning, washing, and edge prepping using hand and automated equipment
- Clean or degrease weld joint or workpiece, using a wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath. May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
- Construct and repair metal products by joining parts either manually (using a variety of welding methods including electric arc, MIG and TIG welding, or oxy-acetylene welding) or by machine
- Flux-cored inner shield and dual shield welding along with oxy-acetylene torching, air-arc, weld-wire gas, stick, and pipe flange
- Manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal
- Mark or tag material with the proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment o fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding
- Perform grinding and joint preparation for NDT processes
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter
- Read and understand the Chemist and Competent Person reports and determine if job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel and hot work
- Set up and operate welding equipment and select proper electrodes according to metals to be joined or as instructed
- Weld completion in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- Weld together metal components of products, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding producers, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment – hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator
- Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the trade
- Knowledge of Welding Techniques–
-SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
- Annual performance evaluations
- Employee perks/gifts and more
- Free and close proximity parking
- Legal Services
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site Human Resources
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Colonna’s Shipyard and affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-colonnaship.icims.com.