Website Delta Constructors
Pipe Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Carlsbad, NM, United States|
Delta Constructors is a leading construction company. It provides support and services to industrial clients of all sizes in water, wastewater, petroleum, gas processing, and energy projects.
The company is searching for a Pipe Welder to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have prior welding experience.
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and appropriate educational classes required by the department
- Hold, clamp heat-bend, tack-weld, or bolt component parts
- Ignites and installs torches and beveling machines within specifications
- Interprets isometric drawings and determines which specifications to apply.
- Maintains machines and inspects equipment to identify possible problems
- Operates hand and power tools common to weldings such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc
- Welds using stainless steel, carbon steel, and duplex materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment and conditions
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars, and appropriate educational classes
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and maintain a positive attitude in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to perform all work in a safe manner that meets company and client standards
- Ability to use time and equipment efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Knowledge of industrial construction and characteristics of all equipment functions and operations related to the position
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment such as welder machine, drill press, and power tools
- Ability to pass 2” XXH, 6010/7018, SMAW & 6” SCH, 160 GTAW/FCAW, 6G pipe tests
- Ability to Pass ASME B31.3 – GTAW/SMAW 2’ SCH 160 6G Pipe Test
- Alaska locations only: North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC), required.
- Current H2S Certification or ability to obtain upon hire
- OSHA 10 Certification or ability to obtain upon hire
- Valid Driver’s License
- Required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, and equipment.
- The employee will be required to work and stay on-site during the work rotation and must comply with all Company and Client policies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require the use of earplugs on occasion.
- Work is done inside and outside in a fab shop and at a client facility or job site that may have inclement weather conditions.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Competitive 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Delta Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes all applicants/employees without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.deltaconstructors.net.