Pipe Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Columbia, SC, United States|
DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET), and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere.
DAK Americas, a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
The company is recruiting a Pipe Welder to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 3+ years of pipe welding experience in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Experience as a pipe fitter (pipefitter), AWS certification, and Ironwork/Rigging (a plus)
- Must be experienced with stainless steel and carbon steel pipe from 1″ schedule 5 to 12″ schedule 40 pipe
- Must have active welder certifications (GMAW, GTAW, SWAW, FCAW)
- Maintains equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- May be required to get certification in the operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, and man lifts.
- Performs field welds on equipment and vessels in various locations and positions
- Performs various piping functions including shop fabrication, field demo, installation, field runs and repairs, and screw pipe installation and repair
- Performs welds on various types of materials including titanium, Hastelloy, stainless, and carbon
- Sets up and operates welders, drill press, band saw, oxy-acetylene torch, plasma cutters, etc.
- Supports the company’s planning and scheduling model during routine and shutdown execution
- The candidate may be required to work from heights and in confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish between titanium, Hastelloy, stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminum
- Must be able to physically meet job requirements; standing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and square to 1/32″
- Must be able to work overtime, including nights and weekends, when needed in order to meet production deadlines
- Must have basic math skills, able to convert decimals to fractions, and use all units of measure
- Must have knowledge of welding repair techniques
- Must have the ability to maintain high-quality welds in a safe manner
- Must have the ability to set up, adjust, and operate welders, drill press, band saw, oxy-acetylene torch, plasma cutters, etc.
- Must have the ability to weld on titanium, Hastelloy, stainless, carbon steel, and aluminum
- The ability to read blueprints, sketches, specifications, and written, and verbal instructions (required)
- The company offers excellent pay and a skills-based pay progression system.
DAK Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit dakamericas.jobs.net.