Website TIC-The Industrial Company
Pipe Welder Journeyman Job Highlights
|Title||Pipe Welder Journeyman|
|Location||Palatka, FL, United States|
|Company||TIC – The Industrial Company|
TIC – The Industrial Company provides direct-hire construction services for industrial projects in the power, energy, mining, and marine markets. Its projects range from small capital work up to major EPC projects. TIC is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation.
The company is looking for a candidate who can plan, layout, weld, install, test, and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with applicable plans, specifications, welding codes, and industry standards.
- The prospective candidates may require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- The candidates should have work experience in the related field.
- Assist with coordination of any Pre-Fabrication layout or installation
- Assist with the rigging of material
- Coordinate with field labor crew for efficient installations
- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Inspect subordinate’s work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
- Lay-out, and assemble pipes accurately and according to production standards, quality requirements, safety requirements, code, design, and specifications
- Make welding repairs and substandard welds
- Operate air arc gouger, grinder, stress-relieving machine, and other industrial machines, tools, and equipment
- Plan, diagram, and lay-out for pipe welder’s work
- Position the weld set up, fit the piping, and perform welds involving a high degree of precision independently
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
- Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for the position.
- Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools, and layout tools as well as measurement tools
- Able to meet all physical requirements.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
- Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
- Must have all required tools
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.allcraftjobs.com.