Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Fort Mackay, AB, Canada|
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is looking for a Pipefitter who has previously worked alongside crews within a pipe maintenance environment.
- JM Certification preferred (willing to accept APP4)
- The candidates are expected to have some work-related experience.
- Assembles and installs piping sections according to blueprints and job specifications
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections; complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and logs, and report any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, and bolting up, valves and fittings
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Fill out and understand an equipment logbook
- Install flow meter, piping, floating pump, and onshore rotating equipment
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as cutting openings for pipes while standing for extended periods of time and securing pipes in hard to reach areas
- Uses testing equipment effectively to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors
- Working safely in a team environment such as working with a crew of pipefitters or working with a welder
- Ensures that work is completed during regular hours
- 6/1 project rotation
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License and 3 Year Driver’s Abstract (within 30 days) required
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Site-based camp accommodation and chartered flights provided
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.