Website Primoris Services Corporation
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||White Marsh, MD, United States|
|Company||Primoris Services Corporation|
Primoris Services Corporation is one of the largest construction service enterprises in the United States. The company provides a wide range of construction, fabrication, maintenance, replacement, water and wastewater, and engineering services to major public utilities, petrochemical companies, energy companies, municipalities, and other customers.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess 1 to 4 years of experience in specified skill (depending on mechanic level)
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings.
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe.
- Inspects the worksite to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Installs and maintains systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Mount pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold the pipe.
- Perform minor maintenance of cleaning tools and equipment.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers.
- Selects size and type of pipe and related material and equipment according to job specifications.
- Test piping systems for leaks.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Load, transport, and unload material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Safe use of hand & power tools.
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individuals or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Written pre-employment qualification test.
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tools or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be clean-shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site-
- Obstructed pathways
- Uneven ground level
- Work performed at low or high elevations
- Work performed in confined areas
Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site-
- Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Potential exposure to chemical substances
- Predominately outdoor climate
- Various noise levels are caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Primoris Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.