Website BAE Systems
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Norfolk, VA, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes, and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor.
The company is looking for a Pipefitter (Pipe Shop Mechanic) who will perform a variety of skilled mechanical duties involving general fitting piping systems on vessels, burning/brazing, testing, and sketching piping systems.
The position also operates equipment for assembly and installation; performs preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery; records work performed and follows specified safety policies and procedures.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in the related fields.
Practical Theory Requirements-
Must be trained on the NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to the pipefitter trade and demonstrate a developing understanding of bevels, types of backing rings, consumable inserts (E/B ring), open roots, saddles, miters, and tolerances.
- Assist with Chlorination of CHT and Potable Water Systems
- Assist with Docking Plug Removal and Installation
- Assist with Gas freeing- Preserving of Internal Structures
- Assist with Hydrostatic Testing
- Assist with Standard Operating Procedure for shop Hydrostatic Test Stand
- Be familiar with types of bevels, types of backing rings, consumable inserts (E/B ring), open roots, saddles, miters, tolerances
- Complete a sketch sheet (P-1, P-2, P-3, P-13, P-14, P-15, P-16, P-17, P-68, P-69, P-71, P-72, p-3B and tolerances)
- Identification of piping by class, schedule, size, and the systems in which they are used.
- Identification of various gaskets and fasteners and the systems they are used on
- Know the basic tools required and their uses
- Read and interpret advanced blueprints
Hydraulic Benders: Greenlee Bender-
- Bench/Pedestal Grinders
- Burn and Brazing
- Demonstrate the ability to lay out bend and figure angles
- Familiar with the tools to use to properly assemble the bender
- Material Identification
- Operate, set up, and provide maintenance on the benders
- Pre-Op Log/Test to ensure that the bench/pedestal unit is set up safely
- Standing Drill Press
- Target work/Tack Welding
Swedge Lock – Mech. Fittings-
- Band Saw
- Connect tubing
- Flex Hose
- Know different tubing sizes and the connection to different tubes
- Tie Knots
- Tube Fittings
- Use the correct Swedge lock based on the material (steel, copper, copper-nickel, stainless steel, etc.)
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must be able to calculate and understand units of measure, including fractions and decimals
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
- Must be able to wear applicable PPE (Hard hat, safety goggles, gloves, steel toes shoes, ear protection)
- Must know how to measure using a scale and tape measure
- ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
BAE Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.