Website General Dynamics Elec Boat
Pipefitter (Semi-Skilled) Job Highlights
|Location||Groton, CT, United States|
|Company||General Dynamics Elec Boat|
General Dynamics Electric Boat provides design, construction, and lifecycle support of submarines for the U.S. Navy.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter who will work to build the most advanced submarines.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 0 to 5 years of relevant pipefitting, automotive, construction, or mechanical experience.
- Additional Preference Given for Vocational, Technical and Community Colleges or Apprentice Programs
- Candidates Who Have Successfully Completed the CT Department of Labor Eastern Workforce Investment Board Training Program
- Military Shipbuilding, Manufacturing, or Shipyard Experience
- Able to work with very small tubing to very large diameter piping
- Apply measurement, fit-up bending, and installation skills and techniques to comply with tight tolerances
- Groom systems to prepare for Company, Navy, and Government inspections
- Pipe fit-up may involve welded joints, silver brazed joints, or mechanically fastened joints
- Pipefitters fabricate and install the piping systems that will carry the ship’s liquids and gasses at the various pressures
- Systems include hydraulic, lube oil, and low-pressure air, and low/high-pressure steam, seawater, chilled water, and potable water
- Use freeze seals of piping in operational mode to effect repairs
- Work conditions may include entry into restricted and confined spaces
- Able to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, blueprints, test documents, diagrams and perform basic layout functions
- Individuals will be required to possess their own hand tools
- Must be able and willing to receive and pass Nuclear Pipefitter Training
- Must be able to work all shifts and in all environments as well as Radiological areas of the boat
- Willing to accept Road assignments
- 401K Plan
- Commuter/Van Services
- Health and Wellness Programs including Onsite Wellness Facility, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Safety Boot Reimbursement Program
- Shift Premium
- They are acids or alkalis, cold, dry, dusty, fumes, hot, inside, noise, oily, outside, and wet.
- The job required climbing, color vision, crawling, kneeling, light lifting, medium lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, stooping, and twisting.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers-gdeb.icims.com.