Website Phillips 66
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Wood River, IL, United States|
Phillips 66 manufactures energy products and refines and markets petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and lubricants; gathers and processes natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGL) for powering businesses, heating homes, cooking, and electricity; and manufactures petrochemicals, polymers, and plastics found in cars, electronics, and other everyday goods.
The company is hiring a Pipefitter who will perform all work in a safe and efficient manner including but not limited to repairing, altering, fabricating, removing, installing, assembling, troubleshooting, and servicing a wide variety of Refinery piping and equipment.
The position will work under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess 5 or more years of experience in basic rigging, flange make-up, and measuring and piping fabrication
- Required to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Actively participates in the safety process
- Blinds off pipes, vessels, tanks, exchangers, etc.
- Fabrication or repair of piping, etc. using various welding processes as required (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW)
- Prepares Job Safety Analysis prior to the start of the job
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, reports, and permits to reflect activities
- Proficiently executing and completing daily maintenance work orders
- Reviews work prior to start and have material, resources, information, and tools on hand to achieve high levels of craft productivity
- Sets up work site with barriers, signs, tape, or flags
- Troubleshooting and planning maintenance repairs to ensure work is completed in a safe, environmentally compliant, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Working and communicating effectively with operations and other departments to assure understanding of full job scope, priority, and timing for repairs
- 2 years of experience working in a refinery or similar manufacturing setting as a pipefitter
- Hold a welding certification with at least 2 years of experience as a welder
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions
- Bend, stoop, and lift
- Climb a minimum of 100 feet within a caged ladder
- Climb ladders and stairs
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Perform work below grade (sumps), at heights, and in confined spaces
- Perform work in sometimes hazardous conditions that require special personal protective equipment
- Wear personal protective equipment such as, but not limited to, hardhat, safety glasses, eye protection, goggles, fire retardant clothing, steel-toed boots, gloves, gas monitor, etc.
- Work in all weather conditions
- Work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varied shifts when required
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit phillips66.jobs.