Website Delta Constructors
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Carlsbad, NM, United States|
Delta Constructors is a leading construction company. It provides support and services to industrial clients of all sizes in water, wastewater, petroleum, gas processing, and energy projects.
The company is searching for a Pipefitter to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- Vocational Training/Certification or other post-secondary education directly relative to the position (preferred)
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience as an industrial Pipefitter in the oilfield.
- Assembles component layout by applying knowledge of geometry, physical metal properties, and weld shrinkage
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and appropriate educational classes required by the department.
- Compare and recognize differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
- Inspect worksites to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness
- Performs basic mathematical calculations pertaining to the craft such as rolling offsets, cutback of fittings, and takeout between welds and other fits
- Plan the sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers
- Prep material for welding by cutting or grinding using porta-band, pipe cutters, hammer, and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder
- Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Secure pipes to structure with bolt up, clamps, brackets, tack welding, and hangars using hand tools and machines
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications
- Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks
- Thread pipe using threading machine
- Visualizes objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Work within precise limits and ASNI and ASME standards of accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to do material takeoffs, figure offsets, a takeoff of fittings, and rigging
- Ability to plan and organize within a work schedule
- Ability to read and understand plans, isometrics, drawings, specifications, or blueprints
- Ability to read maps, and navigate to remote locations
- Ability to take direction, and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Basic understanding of rigging to move pipe into the proper location
- Knowledge of ANSI and ASME standards for Pipes and Fittings
- Knowledge of geometry and physical metal properties
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
- Regularly required to type, talk and hear.
- Required to work and stay on-site during the work rotation and must comply with all Company and Client policies.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, and equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require the use of earplugs on occasion.
- Work condition is an outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- Competitive 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Delta Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes all applicants/employees without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.deltaconstructors.net.