Website The Greenbrier Companies
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Portland, OR, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter who will fit and weld steel pipe systems, and fit and glue composite pipe systems on ocean-going barges and marine equipment.
Assist in the structural assembly of ocean-going barges and marine equipment when required. Perform work duties under the direction of the Gunderson Marine Supervisory team.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- A combination of education and experience is preferred.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of industrial pipefitting experience.
- Minimum 3 years of pipe welding experience.
- Assist in structural assembly when necessary.
- Follow and adhere strictly to Gunderson’s safety policies and regulations.
- Perform precise fitting work on components and work unassisted from spool drawings.
- Prepare and glue composite pipe spools.
- Set up and operate shaving and glue equipment for composite pipe systems.
- Set up and operate welding equipment.
- Tack parts or pipe spools in preparation for welding.
- Visually inspect completed welds and glued joints to assure adherence to specifications.
- Ability to do math fraction calculations, read tape measures, and pass written weld test.
- Ability to follow safety procedures.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to pass the Gunderson A-Test.
- Ability to rig pipe spools and valves into position using chain hoists and lever hoists.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor welding equipment problems.
- Ability to weld in flux core process and become certifiable in 1/16″ FCAW all positions, unlimited thickness pass ABS 3G and 4G.
- Ability to weld pipe and become certifiable in 6G unlimited pipe welding position using various processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Blueprint reading and layout skills.
- Motivated to continuously improve and learn new skills.
- Must be able to burn efficiently and with good quality using a hand-cutting torch.
- 1/16″ FCAW all positions, unlimited thickness pass ABS 3G and 4G preferred.
- 6G unlimited welding certification preferred.
- Exposure to heat, cold, noise, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, toxic chemicals, and inclement weather conditions.
- To work around traffic and heavy manufacturing equipment
- Work at heights on scaffolding and ladders, in dim-lit areas, on slippery or uneven surfaces
- Work in confined space
- Work overtime as required (varies, may require some weekend days)
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.