Website Cajun Industries
Pipefitter A Job Highlights
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT, United States|
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and designing.
The company is looking for a Pipefitter with knowledge of test piping systems, oxygen and acetylene cutting, basic rigging, operation of pneumatic and electric tools, and leak test-tubing systems.
Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work-related tools and equipment.
Will be required to work in a plant operation or a construction job site setting.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- The work experience is not displayed by the Employer.
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Fabricate and install screw pipe, socket weld pipe, stainless tubing, carbon steel weld pipe, and stainless-steel weld pipe
- Install all sizes of piping in pipe racks
- Install valves, pipe hangers, and pipe supports
- Lays out for pipe penetrations
- Miter and fabricate all pipe
- Must be able to install all sizes of underground pipe
- Must be able to install steam and heat tracing
- Must be able to perform proper bolt up of various sizes on pipe and valve flanges
- Read and interpret blueprints, ISO’s field installations, material takeoffs, field sketches, and understand specifications
- Use a beveling machine to prepare pipes/tubes for welding
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Decision-making skills are necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/supervision
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders, and scaffolds
- Hand/eye coordination
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing/pulling, or standing and lifting
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.