Pipefitter Helper Job Highlights
|Location||Port Lavaca, TX, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter Helper to join its maintenance team.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess a minimum of 6 months of documented field experience in a chosen craft discipline (preferred)
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machines.
- Cuts pipe using a hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer, chisel, cutting torch, and pipe-cutting machine.
- Inspects the worksite to determine the presence of obstructions.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold the pipe.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Selects the type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Thread pipe using a threading machine.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.