Pipefitter Helper Job Highlights
|Location||Baytown, TX, United States|
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy. It provides consulting, project, and operation solutions with specializations in project management, engineering, procurement, construction management, maintenance management, production support, power generation, offshore, onshore, oil sands, pipeline, refining, chemicals, industrial, gas turbines, and renewable energy.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter Helper who has experience in the petrochemical maintenance industry.
- Not any education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma is a plus.
- Candidates with previous work experience will be a plus.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machines.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Inspects worksite to determine the presence of obstructions.
- Loads, transports, unloads material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning, securing of material and workpieces during installation.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold the pipe.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.