Pipefitter/Mechanical Equipment Installer Job Highlights
|Title||Pipefitter/Mechanical Equipment Installer|
|Location||Biddeford, ME, United States|
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. The company provides single-source, integrated design and construction services and a full range of project delivery methods.
The company is searching for a Pipefitter/Mechanical Equipment Installer who will support critical wastewater treatment plant construction projects.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- Age – Must be at least 18 years of age
- The candidates should have previous experience with flanged pipes and fittings.
- Previous work includes HDPE, Ductile, PVC, and copper pipe.
- Adhere to the MWH safety program.
- Assemble materials at the job site.
- Coordinate with the mechanical superintendent to configure pipe system layout.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Interprets plans, blueprints, and sketches of proposed structures in terms of the relevant specifications.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Secure pipes to tanks.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Select proper pipes, hangers, and other hydraulic cylinders.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Set Process Equipment (pumps, mixers, heat exchangers).
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper sizes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a constant drive to achieve production outputs in order to meet targets.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and with utmost regard to safety.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions, with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Paid Time Off (includes vacation and sick)
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application and are physically fit to perform the work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
MWH Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.