Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Pipefitting Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is seeking a Pipefitting Supervisor who will supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in the assembly, installation, and testing of piping for various systems in accordance with plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards
Work with other crafts as instructed by supervision.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to 5 years of pipefitting/plumbing experience (desired)
- Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Requires working knowledge of all standard pipe craft formulas, materials, and drawings.
- Requires working knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used in measuring, fitting, and tack welding steel.
- Required to pass SMAW Tack welding test to become ABS certified.
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Assign work on multiple assignments during a workday and monitor progress onboard marine vessels.
- Assist in meeting production goals.
- Comply with Company, federal, state, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Flag cranes, figure weights, and know-how to rig all types of lifts.
- Manage employees and plan ahead to have their crew work safely
- Monitor the installation and verify the operation of high-pressure steel pipes and fittings.
- Monitor the repair and replacement of any damaged pipe, fabrication and installation of metal fittings, supports, valves, and other control equipment.
- Monitor your work performance and productivity.
- Perform quality assurance and sign-off tested piping systems and other related items in accordance with applicable plans and specifications.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Select specified type and size of pipe, fittings, valves, etc.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees.
- Ability to read a tape measure and use a cutting torch.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.