Pipefitter (Traveling) Job Highlights
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA, United States|
Swinerton provides commercial construction and construction management services. The company delivers innovative solutions and outstanding service to customers for time-tested buildings and facilities.
The company is searching for a Pipefitter (Traveling) who will follow-
Delegate tasks and assist with training for other employees
Support activities at all Swinerton job sites as directed
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
Strong understanding of industrial piping systems, including installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- If required by the applicable state, city, or county: hold current Journeyman Pipefitter License and completion of a pipefitting apprenticeship or NCCER Certification
- Install, repair, and maintain industrial piping systems
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout and materials required for the job
- Measure and cut piping to required lengths, using cutting tools and machines
- Install and maintain valves, gauges, and other fittings
- Inspect and test piping systems for leaks or other defects
- Troubleshoot and repair piping systems as necessary
- Work with other members of the team to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Ability to learn new skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend, or kneel while wearing a tool belt.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Adhere to all OSHA and Swinerton safety practices and procedures.
- Climb ladders, work off of ladders, man lifts, or other equipment.
- Knowledge of piping systems, including installation, maintenance, and repair
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations related to piping systems
- Knowledge of the proper use of required tools including Cutting tools and machines, welder’s gauge, pipefitter’s square, fitter grips, centering head, flange aligners, pipe wraps, tube cutter propane/acetylene torch
- Lift or pull 50 lbs.
- Uphold Swinerton’s Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion, and Excellence at all times.
- Willingness to work in various locations and conditions, including outdoors and in confined spaces
- The company provides benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, employee assistance program; basic term life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability, 401(k) and savings plan; paid vacation, and sick time; MSA Financial coaching; Care.com; ClassPass fitness membership; DoorDash delivery subscription; along with numerous other voluntary benefit options.
Swinerton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit swinerton.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.