Pipefitter Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Commerce City, CO, United States|
Suncor Energy is an integrated energy company that mainly focuses on the development of Athabasca oil sands. It carries out the development and up-gradation of oil sands; offshore and onshore oil and gas production; refining of crude oil and marketing of petroleum and petrochemical products.
The company is looking to hire a Pipefitter Welder who will be able to use your expertise for the maintenance and repair of our assets by performing predictive and preventative maintenance activities safely, efficiently, and to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 years of related experience with piping, tubing, shell and tube heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and boilers
- Fabricate and install threaded pipe, socket welded pipe, and butt weld piping configurations
- Install valves, steam tracing (tubing), test piping systems, hangers, supports, maintenance repairs
- Maintain a welding certification with x-ray quality and housekeeping of ongoing tasks and overall shop cleanliness and organize miscellaneous tools, equipment, parts, and supplies
- Operate all tools and equipment associated with this job such as carry decks, forklifts, man lifts (articulating and scissor), basic rigging, and operation of pneumatic tools, electric tools, oxy-acetylene cutting, and plasma cutting
- Read and interpret drawings and ISOs to perform fabrication and field installations
- Required to perform some heavy lifting, use ladders and work on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships with a diverse group
- The ability to pass a 6G SMAW (2” super coupon) test proctored by Suncor inspection, and maintain active status
- Competitive benefits programs offering choice and flexibility
- Generous pension and 401(k) savings plans
- Work/Life balance, including a generous vacation program
Suncor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit suncor.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.