Website Turner Industries
Pipefitters Job Highlights
|Location||Metropolis, IL, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter who will lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and maintain piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- NCCER Certified is a plus and required.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a specified skill
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass, and plastic
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe
- Inspects work sites to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness
- Joins pipe by means of threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers
- Secures pipe to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers; installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping
- Selects size and type of pipe and related material according to job specifications
- Test piping system for leaks
- Employee may be required to provide the following toolbox, pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, level, torpedo level, square, tri square, plumb bob, channel locks, hammer, center punch, flat or regular screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, set of combination wrenches, tape, folding rule, wrap-around, work gloves, striker, cutting goggles, tip cleaner, and rain suit.
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
- Hazard Communication orientation/test
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean-shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.)
- Written pre-employment qualification test
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment
- Hearing with or without correction
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffolds structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials
- Seeing with or without correction
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must have proof of COVID vaccination
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.