Pipelayer Job Highlights
|Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Haskell is a construction company that delivers architecture, engineering, construction, and consulting solutions for complex capital projects worldwide.
The company is looking for a Pipelayer who will be responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitary sewers, drains, and water mains.
Ensure the ground is prepped and trenches are dug out for proper pipe elevation and alignment.
Responsible for the daily setup of instruments used to determine the line and grade of pipe.
Also, install pipes and ensure proper connection at pipe joints.
- High School Diploma (preferred)
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for connection
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Cut pipes to required lengths. Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using gasket material, mechanical (Bolted) restraint systems, or various types of adhesive solvents. Cover pipes with earth or other materials
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Install and repair sanitary sewer and stormwater structures and pipe systems
- Install and use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels
- Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints, and coordinate layouts with supervisors
- Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement, using magnetic or radio indicators
- Operate mechanized equipment such as pickup trucks, rollers, tandem dump trucks, front-end loaders, and backhoes
- Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, use, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of underground pipe systems
- Required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read application/form information.
- Frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Hospital indemnity, accident, and critical care plans
- Employee assistance programs for physical and mental well-being
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible work hours and remote work options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the organization
- Paid time off and nine company holidays
- Professional development and training opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with company discretionary matching contributions
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-haskell.icims.com.