Website Trans Mountain
Pipeline Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Pipeline Maintenance Technician|
|Location||Kamloops, BC, Canada|
Trans Mountain operates Canada’s only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast. It delivers approximately 300,000 barrels of crude oil and refined products each day.
The company is recruiting a Pipeline Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for ensuring the effective functioning of the field operations of the pipeline integrity program for TMPL and Puget Sound.
Perform both pipeline maintenance operational work and inspection duties.
The position plays a central role in the completion of the field portion of the TMPL integrity program.
- Applicants should have completed a High School
- Operation of Heavy Equipment certification and Journeymen Crane Operation certification is required.
- NACE Coating Inspector I certification would be preferred
- Possess a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a related field
- Coordinates civil construction activities for Cathodic Protection asset installation.
- Coordinates facility and ground maintenance activities including grounds maintenance and snow removal.
- Operation of commercial vehicles over 11,000 kgs gross vehicle weight and heavy equipment (dozers, excavators, rubber tire hoe). Ensures all equipment is in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Oversee hot work activities including pipe replacements, hot tapping, stoppling and in-line inspections.
- Oversees civil construction activities (excavation, compaction, backfilling, water handling, and rip rap armor construction)
- Provides emergency response capabilities to right-of-way locations.
- Provides oversight of contractors performing anomaly digs and other ground disturbance activities on or near the right of way to ensure compliance with all applicable standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Provides oversight of Trans Mountain’s right-of-way vegetation management program (RoW clearing and signage program).
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle strict deadlines
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail is critical
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits programs including flexible benefits, pension, and savings plans
- Focus on the health, safety, and mental well-being of our workforce
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The company welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.transmountain.com.