Website Kinder Morgan
Pipeline Specialist Job Highlights
|Location||Portland, TN, United States|
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies along with the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator. The company move approximately 40 percent of the natural gas consumed in the U.S.
The company is looking for a Pipeline Specialist who will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and new construction of pipeline facilities and their associated right of way.
This position is a member of Kinder Morgan’s Pipeline Project Support (PPS) business unit working on Natural Gas, Products, and CO2 pipelines.
This position works with other Pipeline Support Specialists, Welders, and crew labor support contractors on anomaly digs, pressure testing pipelines, and other planned and emergent work.
The incumbent must coordinate and complete pipeline operations and maintenance tasks and projects in support of the Natural Gas and Products plant, pipeline, corrosion, measurement, controls, pipeline maintenance, mechanical maintenance, machine shop, and engineering.
Job title will be commensurate with experience/skillset
- Assist with hot tapping and stopple equipment, perform valve maintenance, pigging operations, pipe cleaning (internal and external), hydrostatic testing, and leak surveys.
- Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to performing all phases of mobilizing, operating, and maintaining heavy excavation equipment (hydrovac truck, backhoe, excavator, track loader/skid steer, dozer, forklift, and maintainers) to include excavation frequently on in-service natural gas and products pipelines.
- Incumbent may be required to lead others, train, develop training, ensure compliance, supply financial input, scope projects and oversee the supervision of contractors and contract workers. This position also develops work plans and manages contractor construction crews that perform work on Kinder Morgan company assets and facilities.
- This position reports to a Pipeline Crew Leader to ensure consistency and assurance of work performed in compliance with governmental and company policies and procedures.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of experience in all phases of Pipeline construction, maintenance, and repair to include equal experience in operating and maintaining heavy excavation equipment including hydrovac truck, backhoe, excavator, side boom, dozer, and maintainer.
- Calibrate and maintain a holiday detector for coating application inspection.
- Conduct internal pipeline cleaning or pigging operations utilizing internal pipe cleaning equipment.
- Coordinate pipeline segment replacements including helping develop the HazOp plan.
- Design and review pressure test plans per pipe and material specifications.
- Evacuate, purge and load pipelines; operate pipeline air-movers to evacuate natural gas lines during hot work operations.
- Inspect coating removal, surface preparation, and the application of coating systems including 2 part epoxies.
- Launch, monitor, and receive pipeline pigs and develop pipeline pigging plans.
- Locate and mark pipelines with line detection, pipeline locating equipment, or probe rods using drawing and alignment sheets for reference.
- Modify existing and install new natural gas measurement facilities.
- Operate large truck and trailer hauling equipment required to transport heavy work equipment or project materials to the job site
- Operate portable gas compressors and air compressors.
- Perform excavation spotter tasks and manage excavation crossings of lines
- Perform pipeline hot taps and stopple equipment installation on loaded pipelines.
- Perform pressure tests of pipelines and fabrications.
- Perform troubleshooting and valve maintenance on DOT mainline isolation valves.
- Prepare pipelines for full encirclement sleeves for anomaly repairs.
- Repair pig launcher and receivers, closures, and install pig signals.
- Repair shorted pipeline casings and install CP test points on pipelines.
- Perform basic acetylene cutting and beveling operations
- Ability to operate heavy pipeline excavation equipment including large trucks
- Ability to read and interpret various company policies and procedures, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manual, and blueprints.
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to any emergency or after-hours calls.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain natural gas and products plant equipment, pumps, exchangers, compressors, and related auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors and construction inspectors, with focused attention on details, work rules, and adherence to required project work schedules.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software if applicable), trainable to custom software applications.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Focused on internal and external customer service
- Good communication skills – must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, company contacts, co-workers, and 3rd party contractors.
- Individuals must follow all safety, environmental and regulatory policies so tasks and assignments are completed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste.
- Knowledge of both OSHA safety regulations and DOT pipeline regulations
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering construction blueprints for both pipeline and compressor station projects.
- Promote and embody Kinder Morgan Core Values.
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance procedures
- The position requires a significant amount of overnight travel to support operation areas throughout the company, working other than normal hours, overtime, schedule changes, and the ability to respond to call-outs.
- This individual will be responsible for administrative tasks including ordering and receiving required replacement parts, completing personal timesheets and expense accounts, and maintaining a company vehicle.
- This position requires acting as a company representative when interacting with contractors and vendors.
- The typical work schedule is Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day, and will likely involve overtime.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CDL driver license, and maintain a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- The individual will normally be working outdoors, in a pipeline construction type of environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CDL driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- This position requires extensive travel and overnight stays are frequent with work away from the reporting location required up to 75% of the time.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a DOT drug screen and a complete background check after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
- Must be available for callouts 24/7, except during company-sponsored paid time off.
- Possess manual dexterity and visual acuity
- ADA Job Requirements: Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance, mental, or emotional disability.
- Ascend and descend slopes and ditches.
- Climb and work from ladders, catwalks, staging, and platforms.
- Exert up to 100 lbs. of physical force.
- Lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, walk, kneel, bend, and squat for extended periods of time.
- Twist head and back for extended periods of time.
- Work in adverse weather and/or extreme temperature conditions.
- Work in areas classified as confined space.
- Work with hands above head, lying on the back.
Kinder Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.