Website Northern Natural Gas
Pipeline Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Harris, MN, United States|
|Company||Northern Natural Gas|
Northern Natural Gas provides natural gas transportation and storage services to 81 utilities and numerous producers, energy marketing companies, and industrial end-users. It also provides grid transportation between other interstate and intrastate pipelines, and access to major North American gas supply basins in Canada, the Rocky Mountains, the MidContinent and Permian Basins, and major shale gas developments.
The company is looking for a Pipeline Technician who will perform the activities required to successfully operate and maintain Northern Natural Gas compressor stations and pipeline facilities.
Applicants should possess an Associate of Applied Science Degree in a technical specialization (preferred) from a college/university
Ideal degrees include Associate of Applied Science in aviation maintenance, diesel, natural gas, compression, instrumentation, controls, electrical, electro-mechanical, or corrosion.
A comparable undergraduate degree with a technical specialization certification is applicable.
- Possess 4 to 6 years of related, progressive work experience. It would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess the education requirements.
- Compressor Station Operations – Ensure reliable operation of compressor station equipment.
- Controls – Install, maintain and troubleshoot programmable logic controllers, human-machine interfaces, motor control centers, and medium and low voltage power distribution and pneumatic control devices utilized in pipeline operations.
- Corrosion – Install, maintain and troubleshoot corrosion protection equipment to ensure pipeline integrity. NACE CP1 Tester certification is preferred.
- Environmental – Maintain environmental standards, environmental activities, and regulatory compliance for assigned locations.
- Equipment Operation – Transport, inspect, maintain and operate various mobile heavy equipment including backhoes, boom trucks, semi-trucks, dump trucks, excavators, skid loaders, etc. Additional endorsements for hazmat and liquefied natural gas transportation are available.
- Liquefied Natural Gas Operations – Ensure reliable operation and maintenance of processes required to make liquefied natural gas.
- Measurement – Program, maintain, operate, and troubleshoot gas measurement equipment including gas meters, control valves, relief valves, regulators, and associated software, as well as monitoring gas and quality control equipment.
- Mechanical – Install, maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair rotating and reciprocating compression equipment.
- Pipeline – Perform pigging operations, damage prevention measures, and pipeline right-of-way maintenance.
- Underground Storage Operations – Ensure reliable operation and maintenance of processes required to store and deliver natural gas from underground reservoirs.
- Welding – Pipeline welders must be qualified in API 1104 and ASME standards to weld on natural gas pipelines. Structural welders must be qualified in AWS standards.
- Assist in maintaining records pursuant to required state, federal, and company procedures.
- Assist in performing scheduled preventative maintenance on operational equipment at an assigned facility. Recognizes abnormal operating conditions. Supports emergency response.
- Locate pipelines and oversee third-party excavation and line crossings. Install and inspect pipeline markers.
- Maintain and operate facilities in compliance with specifications, codes, safety, and environmental standards/records, and company operating procedures.
- Operate work equipment including but not limited to power tools, hand tools, and specialized instruments used in pipeline operations, maintenance, and repair of facilities.
- Review work assignments with the team to ensure work is completed with established safe work practices and reporting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Northern Natural Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit midamerican.taleo.net.