Website Toyota Boshoku America
Plant Engineering Specialist – Welding Job Highlights
|Title||Plant Engineering Specialist – Welding|
|Location||Mantachie, MS, United States|
|Company||Toyota Boshoku America|
Toyota Boshoku is a premium automotive interior systems supplier and filter manufacturers. The company develops and produces interior, exterior, textile, filtration, and powertrain components including seats, door trims, bumpers, and headliners.
The company is looking for an individual who will utilize the Toyota Production System and engineering skills to perform production engineering functions for production processes.
Develops, coordinates, and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements.
Controls programming knowledge to modify and develop better processes on production systems.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college/school or a related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The candidates should have more than 4 years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience with robotics tuning, electrical and PLC troubleshooting.
Develop process and production preparation plans for new automotive products.
- Communicate project status to other departments and manufacturing plants.
- Direct plant side activities in conjunction with corporate PE department for new equipment.
- Includes planning for new equipment, jigs, and fixtures, developing specifications, obtaining quotes, purchasing, and assisting with the installation by in-house or outside personnel.
- Prepare and update plant layout/process flow as needed for new equipment, new/modified processes, and new/revised products, using both manual and automated drafting techniques.
- Set up of equipment, train manufacturing, maintenance staff, and hand over completed process to manufacturing teams.
Create and manage project budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the assigned department, including capital and expense plans and equipment utilization studies.
- Prepare and review the feasibility of capital appropriation requests for equipment, tools, new facilities, and refurbishment of existing facilities. Negotiate and evaluate equipment cost reductions with the equipment suppliers.
Research, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Establish preventive maintenance items and frequency.
- Evaluate and analyze costs and techniques of new concepts or applications for manufacturing processes and present relevant data to management for further study.
- Guide and direct implementation of kaizen and cost reduction improvements.
- Test cost reduction ideas to ensure no compromises are made in product/process quality, safety, or workability – develop countermeasures if necessary.
Prepare, track and implement countermeasures against quality, safety, and productivity problems.
- Provides technical support to all departments to implement improvements, installations, and repairs to ensure safety guidelines and ergonomic principles are observed.
Coordinate equipment modifications including scheduling, part procurement, advanced production planning, maintenance requests, trailing, and troubleshooting.
- Complete test runs, adjustments, safety checks, and capability studies for new/revised equipment, products, and processes required by company quality and safety standards.
- Create, modify, and review process control details relating to new products or product design changes.
- Perform defect reduction investigations making recommendations for equipment modifications, training, and qualifications.
Maintains specified records, files, and documentation.
- Ability to adopt a self-directed work style.
- Ability to collect and organize data in an orderly fashion so that it can be accessed and used for future programs.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Active listener with effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced math skills.
- Allen Bradley Logix 5000 – Understand logic, troubleshoot, and write the logic for small to medium projects.
- Atlas Copco Understanding of torque theory and some knowledge of Power Focus Torque tools
- Basic understanding of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to automotive interiors.
- Controls Knowledge – Yaskawa Motoman, Fanuc Robots – Jog robot modify weld program
- Effective time management skills.
- Fronius, Motoweld, and WTC weld controller working knowledge
- Must be able to compile information and report that information to the appropriate people in the organization in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support production on all shifts during new product launches.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Must know the requirements and procedures for the startup and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
- Proven technical competence in the applicable major subsystems (i.e. seats, door trim).
- Strong ability to work and utilize resources and tools in a multicultural environment.
- Strong organization, planning, scheduling, and analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving experience.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
- Working Knowledge of Ark, Spot welding, weld schedules, weld maps
- Japanese would be beneficial.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and maybe occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Toyota Boshoku America is an equal opportunity employer and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.