Website Martin Marietta
Plant Maintenance/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Ready Mix Plant Maintenance/Mechanic|
|Location||Orange, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is hiring a Plant Maintenance/Mechanic who will work with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for Ready Mix Portable plants, Ready-Mix trucks, and front-end loaders.
May perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, electrical work, housekeeping, and various other shop or processing duties.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent GED (required)
- Trade School or related Mechanical/Technical Certification (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of Mechanic Maintenance Experience
- Ready Mix Maintenance experience (preferred)
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) and safe driving record (preferred)
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Communicate timely and effectively with the Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio.
- Delivers technical advice to Ready Mix Truck Drivers and other mobile equipment operators.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lockout/tagout procedures required during certain procedures.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing, and electrical systems following specifications, blueprints, and manuals.
- May operate mobile equipment.
- Must be able to repair/work on lights, brakes, and some other components of Ready-Mix trucks if capable
- Perform welding, repair, and fabrication.
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record, and inspection on service vehicle including fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking, and adding fluids as needed.
- Performs general clean-up of the work area.
- Prioritizes safety
- Repairs/replaces worn items as required.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Services pumps/motors as needed.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines, equipment, and ready-mix trucks to diagnose the cause of malfunctions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to perform well in a “Team” environment.
- Ability to teach.
- Must be able to read blueprints and mechanical diagrams.
- Must be willing to be on call at any time the plant is in operation
- Must complete a step-by-step JSA before the start of any safety-sensitive task
- Must have Electrical Spark Certification
- Must have experience in troubleshooting problems on various types of concrete plants
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding.
- Must have knowledge of, pumps, material handling equipment, and all related major systems in order to troubleshoot or anticipate system problems.
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example.
- Read, write, and communicate in English.
- Work is performed 50% outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather and 50% indoors
- Work requires the ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Work requires the ability to lift a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Work requires the ability to operate hand controls with both hands and foot pedals with both feet
- Work requires the ability to perform sustained overhead-reaching
- Work requires the ability to perform work while lying on back tar for prolonged periods of time and in some cases cramped quarters
- Work requires the ability to use vibration tools
- Work requires the ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Pension plan (free to all employees)
- Full Medical, Health and Wellness Benefits start on First Day
- Guaranteed to be home every day
- PTO Available as of Day One
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.