Website Martin Marietta
Plant Maintenance/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Mill Creek, OK, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Plant maintenance/Mechanic who will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of aggregate plant processing equipment including but not limited to stationary machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, shakers, pumps, gearboxes, etc.
As a plant maintenance/mechanic you may perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping, and various other shop or processing duties.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 to 3 years+ experience related to heavy-duty maintenance jobs or an equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably in the aggregates industry
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and to run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Duties may include checking, repairing, or replacing pumps.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance services, and lubrication services are completed according to Maintenance Module.
- Inspects and ensures maintenance truck is being maintained properly
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Operates cranes, man lifts, hoists pneumatic, hand tools, power tools, cutting torches, welding equipment, and other specialty service equipment as needed
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment, and repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment.
- Prioritizes safety, then quality, followed by Production
- Responsible for ensuring backlog process is completed and prioritized with Plant Manager.
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Trains and coaches other employees on maintenance practices
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and write and communicate effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant equipment
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and in elevated areas
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency with oxy/acetylene torch and stick welding, MIG a plus
- Must be able to communicate over two-way radio or with hand signals and warning sounds, with coworkers regarding the movement of vehicles and mobile equipment
- Must be able to field layout and fabricate in steel
- Must be able to identify and order basic parts (bearings, idlers, screens, pulleys)
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner
- Must be able to work 8-12 hour(+) shifts, weekends, overtime, and holidays as needed
- Proficiency in a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.