Website Lehigh Hanson
Plant Maintenance Mechanic I Job Highlights
|Title||Plant Maintenance Mechanic I|
|Location||Woodburn, KY, United States|
Lehigh Hanson is a leading supplier of construction materials. The company’s core activities include the production of cement and aggregates. It also produces ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and other downstream products.
The company is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic I who will be responsible for performing preventative and emergency maintenance of the plant.
Also, operates front end loader to load customer trucks and feed the production plant on an as-needed basis.
The position also will be trained as a backup plant operator and will run the plant on an as-needed basis.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2-4 years of heavy equipment maintenance experience (required)
- Stick welding and cutting torch experience
- Aggregate/Materials experience highly (preferred)
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
- Inspect or test damaged plant parts, mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs
- Install, replace, or change plant parts and attachments, according to production specifications
- Lubricate machinery, change parts, or perform other routine machinery maintenance
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, plant parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Operate Front End Loader and fill in as Loader Operator at multiple locations as needed
- Reassemble production plant components after the completion of repair or maintenance work
- Repair and maintain Production Plant Equipment and mechanical equipment, by diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, such as motors, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, welder, torches, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems
- Train to operate the production plant and fill in as back up Plant Operator as needed
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as a loader or other plant equipment
- MSHA/OSHA training a plus
- Sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- The company offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
Lehigh Hanson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lehighhanson.com.