Website Martin Marietta
Plant Maintenance (Mechanic/Welder) Job Highlights
|Title||Plant Maintenance (Mechanic/Welder)|
|Type||Full Time (day shift)|
|Location||Georgetown, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Plant Maintenance (Mechanic/Welder) who will be responsible for inspecting and diagnosing issues with machinery and performing preventative maintenance/repair of aggregate plant processing equipment including but not limited to stationary machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, shakers, pumps, gearboxes, etc.
May perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting or grinding, greasing, housekeeping, and other various shop or processing duties.
Operates cranes, man-lifts, hoists pneumatic, hand tools, power tools, cutting torches, welding equipment, and other specialty service equipment as needed.
May order parts through the maintenance department or outside suppliers.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent (preferred)
- 1 to 3 years plus experience related to heavy-duty maintenance jobs or equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably in the aggregates industry
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and run the plant according to Martin Marietta standards
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Duties include checking, repairing, or replacing pumps
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance services and lubrication services are completed according to the Maintenance Module.
- Inspects and ensures maintenance truck is being maintained properly along with good housekeeping
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Prioritizes safety, then quality, followed by Production
- Responsible for ensuring the backlog process is completed and prioritized with the Supervisor or Plant Manager
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Trains and coaches other employees on maintenance practices
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all plant equipment
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and in elevated areas
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency with oxy/acetylene torch and stick welding, Mig (a plus)
- Must be able to communicate over two-way radio or with hand signals and warning sounds, with coworkers regarding the movement of vehicles and mobile equipment
- Must be able to field layout and fabricate in steel
- Must be able to identify and order basic parts (bearings, idlers, screens, pulleys)
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner
- Must be able to work 8 to 12 hours plus shifts, weekends, overtime, and holidays as needed
- Proficiency with a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- Ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses or goggles, steel-toed boots, hearing protection, safety reflective vest, full body harness, welding hood
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, stoop, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend, twist, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
- Ability to operate mobile equipment, foot pedals with both feet
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Ability to work in cramped quarters
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
- Lift up to 50 lbs, carry up to 150 ft.
- Vision: Normal depth perception, vision, and ability to distinguish color
- All duties require outside assignments and require periods of work in all weather conditions, heat, cold, wet or dry, and dusty.
- Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 85 dBs.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.