Maintenance Plant Job Highlights
|North Las Vegas, NV, United States
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities worldwide.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Trade School Certification
- Must pass a physical welding exam
- 1 year of related experience or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a qualified experienced welder
- Ability to utilize crane equipment, hydraulic equipment, and specialized tools within the safety limits specified by the manufacturer.
- Ability to work scheduled hours, which could include 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts or overtime including weekends. Carry a company cell phone and be available to answer the phone. The phone is for company business and scheduling.
- Assist in the scheduling of plant and equipment for work and repair. Adhere to the priorities of work specified by the supervisor to ensure that the operational needs are met.
- Know and follow lockout/tagout and all safety procedures when working on equipment. Follow all safety and environmental rules and regulations; make corrections on a priority basis. Must comply with company safety rules and regulations. Must wear proper safety equipment (PPE) while working and on plant grounds. Ensure that all items related to safety are identified, and logged, and corrective action is taken in a time period that provides the safe operation of the plant.
- Must comply and fill out all necessary daily paperwork. Includes daily log, plant repair request, Job Hazard Analysis, Permits, etc., checking in at each plant when you arrive and leave. Check with the supervisor on a daily regular basis.
- Utilize all tools safely and in compliance with manufacturer specifications. Ensure all equipment is serviced, repaired, and maintained per the manufacturer’s specifications and Company policy.
- Be able to troubleshoot control circuits and change electric motors and components.
- Data entry computer skills, including work order entry and e-mail.
- Experience in pneumatic and hydraulic equipment functions and troubleshooting.
- Must be familiar with conveyors, belts, gearboxes, and drives. Have electrical experience with 120V to 460V 3 phase.
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Exerting 10-20 pounds of force continually
- Exerting 25-50 pounds of force frequently
- Exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, or pulling controls
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- The company offers competitive wages, career growth, and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.