Website Waste Management
Plant Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Plant Maintenance Technician|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Waste Management is a leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. The company makes partnerships with customers and communities to manage and reduce waste from collection to disposal while recovering valuable resources and creating clean, renewable energy.
The company is looking for a Plant Maintenance Technician who will monitor and maintain the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts, and bearings.
This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently.
This position generally reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
- The applicants do not require any education (program) for the position.
- The candidates should have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of Electrical, Hydraulic, and Welding repair
- Ability to diagnose & repair electrical motors and gearboxes
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Good communication, organization, and technical skills
- Knowledgeable of electrical conveyors, hydraulics, and computerized maintenance programs.
- Manufacturing or Plant Maintenance experience
- Must be able to work 3rd Shift
- Previous experience or knowledge of Conveyors (preferred).
- Strong Mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed, or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times.
- Inspects the quality of third-party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders, and building equipment.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance, and product quality
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support the operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Have knowledge of single and three-phase electrical systems.
- Proficient in welding and fabrication.
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Technicians are required to provide their own basic tools to perform routine maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- The company offers a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability, stock purchase plan, company match on 401k, paid vacation, holidays, and personal days.
- The normal setting for this job is material recycling facilities, repair/maintenance facilities, outdoors, or other facilities.
- Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting objects
- Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the workday.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs.
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements most of the workday.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, and Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.