Website Contech Engineered Solutions
Plant Management Trainee Job Highlights
|Title||Plant Management Trainee|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
|Company||Contech Engineered Solutions|
Contech Engineered Solutions provides cost-effective site solutions to contractors, engineers, and developers on projects. The portfolio consists of bridges, erosion control, drainage, sanitary sewer, retaining wall, and stormwater management products.
The company is hiring a Plant Management Trainee who will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CONTECH’s policies, values, and strategies and ensure that everyone is treated with dignity and respect while providing an environment for success.
Clearly communicates expectations and accountabilities for performance helping employees see the link between individual performance and department/company achievement of its strategic plan. Recognizes and rewards good performance and gives regular feedback.
The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree (4 years) in Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Management, or Business from a college or university
- The candidates should have 2 to 3 years of experience in manufacturing or supervisory capacity
- A combination of post-secondary education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge and experience navigating ERP systems
- Be a contributing member to the daily activities of the plant manufacturing team
- Coordinates with sales personnel with regard to customer orders, routings, specifications, pricing, shipping, etc. to ensure high-quality products consistent with profit goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains high plant standards of safety and working conditions to provide maximum protection for the employees and equipment.
- Directs activities pertaining to the production of Hel-Cor pipe, riveted pipe, and modification operations, including asphalt, arching, and fittings.
- Implementation of visual management and kanbans for all raw materials and finished goods
- Lead and manage plant personnel, including training, mentoring, guiding, and disciplining. Know and understand discipline policies and procedures, hourly job responsibilities, cross-training, and employee growth
- Learn and understand all of our key manufacturing processes (Hel-cor, band fabrication, fitting fabrication, fitting welding, riveting, arching, asphalt coating, smooth-flo, and slotted drain)
- Learn and understand all of our systems and procedures regarding safety, quality control, and environmental compliance
- Learn and understand the key office processes such as payroll, production reporting, plant financials, plant metrics, Maintenance, etc.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing processes and production equipment.
- Maintains a thorough up-to-date knowledge of specifications desired by the customers and government agencies.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of ICC and D.O.T. regulations.
- Participate and lead improvement projects ranging from 5S, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), process improvement and development, process and procedure documentation.
- Resolves major problems in scheduling changes, equipment utilization, and personnel requirements.
- Works alongside the following; foreman, plant clerks, order correspondent, and production planner.
- Other duties assigned
- Ability and desire to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to relocate to a different location within the US in 12-18 months based on organizational needs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact across multiple levels of the organization and across function
- Knowledge and ability to implement Lean Manufacturing and Kanban Material Management
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate in a team atmosphere
- This is a trainee-level position; placement must be willing to work in a learning capacity.
Contech Engineered Solutions is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identification, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conteches.com.