Website Martin Marietta
Plant Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Milford, UT, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is hiring a Plant Manager who will be responsible for all management aspects of the operation.
Lead and manage all safety efforts at the plant as well as site planning, pit development, quality control, rail loadout facility, and maintenance functions.
Additional responsibilities include asset protection, financial evaluation, budgeting and cost control, and environmental, personnel, and community/railroad relations duties.
Ensure compliance with company-mandated safety and environmental policies, programs, and guidelines as well as regulatory compliance.
Lead a management team and group of employees and provide strong leadership, training, team building, and supervision.
- Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in mining or engineering or significant industry experience from a college/university
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Ensures that equipment and processes meet or exceed the MSHA, OSHA, and Martin Marietta guidelines.
- Pursues a culture of safety that is world-class with an objective of “zero”. Actively engages with the workforce to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Establishes the environment as a priority at the site.
- Ensures regulations are met or exceeded by following MMM best practices.
- Provides direct oversight in the extraction, processing, storage, and shipping of aggregates at the site.
- Embraces best practices, processes, and tools to ensure plant activities are optimized and costs are best in class.
- Effectively utilizes MMM’s maintenance programs to maximize plant up-time and manage costs.
- Promotes a culture of performance.
- Effectively utilizes KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews, financial statements, and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve operations.
- Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers.
- Utilizes best practices in extraction, processing, stockpiling, stock-pile reclamation, and re-handling to ensure the product remains within target specifications as it is received by our customers.
- Uses available reports effectively to measure quality, identify variances and establish corrective action.
- Develops operational and capital plans for the plant to continuously improve productivity and maintain costs as low or lower than our competition.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts.
- Prepares to roll 12-month production forecasts monthly and works closely with sales and customer service personnel to optimize production, sales, and inventory levels.
- Assists in the creation of Mine Plans and ensures they are closely followed/executed (i.e., overburden removal and placement, extraction, and progressive rehabilitation/reclamation). Prepares Winter Shutdown schedules and executes accordingly.
- Works with district/division team to identify necessary sustaining and development capital according to Martin Marietta’s best practices.
- Assists in preparing CERs (Capital Expenditure Requests) and assists in installation/construction as required.
- Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
- Supervises the workforce, typically through plant foreman and/or lead hands.
- Responsible for effective recruitment, merit/recognition, disciplinary actions, and terminations on site.
- Fosters effective employee relations.
- Establishes a safe and productive work environment where employees are proud of members of the MM family.
- Works proactively with the local community to ensure that MM is a valued member of the community.
- Activities include the organization of open houses and participation with local schools and non-profit organizations.
- Political liaison at local and state levels.
- Provides customer focus for the plant team.
- Reinforces the needs of the customers.
- Assists district team in building solid relationships with key existing and potential customers to differentiate MM as the supplier of choice.
- Ability to Delegate
- Ability to develop effective internal and external relations
- Ability to multitask/manage multiple priorities
- Ability to relate to other employees
- Ability to work independently and achieve results
- Business Acumen
- Conflict resolution
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Disciplined and process-oriented
- Drive for Results
- Drive for Results- clear vision and direction for the location
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Knowledge of mining, crushing, and screening principles
- Knowledge of welding, repairs, and maintenance of mobile and processing equipment
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be familiar with state and federal mining regulations as well as material specifications
- Organizational Savvy- develop an internal network
- Positive Outlook/Attitude
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Process Management
- Public Relations
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal (verbal and written) skills
- Strong Math Skills
- Strong supervisory and people skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- Take charge attitude
- Team Building Skills
- Time management
- Understanding of implications of their decisions
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.