Plant Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Hager City, WI, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
Meyer Utility Structures, an Arcosa subsidiary, is seeking a Plant Manager who will be responsible for sustainable earning results, increasing market revenue, streamlining/standardizing workflow, and creating a team environment to increase productivity.
This role will also include identifying and driving continuous improvement efforts, optimization of inventory networks, plant line capacity, process planning capabilities and systems, supporting short/long term improvement, delivery performance, flexibility, and availability.
The Plant Manager is to meet customer expectations, maintain compliance with quality guidelines and regulatory requirements, ensure a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors while reducing costs, increasing service levels, and achieving operation manufacturing excellence as Best in Class.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college/university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing overall operations (safety, quality, procurement, logistics, maintenance, budget, etc.) in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience in a Union Environment is preferred
- Experience in an industrial steel manufacturing plant is preferred
- Communicate the vision for the plant and communicate strategy and objectives effectively
- Develops and administers financial budgets and activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency
- Directs and manages resources to implement tactical business plans and programs to see work through completion
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by partnering with the maintenance department and vendor/contractors to coordinate preventive maintenance requirements
- Ensures that team has necessary resources and removes barriers where appropriate
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and focus on Lean Manufacturing, safety, quality, productivity, and P&L management
- Follows up on critical tasks and holds people accountable for adhering to process and protocol
- Identifies talent correctly and shows ownership of all aspects of plant staffing and retention
- Oversees employee and plant safety to ensure OSHA and company policy compliance
- Oversight of production, distribution, cost accounting, sales, and customer services
- Persistent in achieving desired results
- Prioritize the necessary resources and create the tactical steps required to accomplish goals on time
- Sets clear and consistent expectations for performance and leverages resources available to accomplish goals
- Stage work and recalibrate throughout the day as necessary to meet customer demand
- Able to apply quality control for moderate regulatory & testing requirements
- Experience with moderate to complex project management involving materials and manufacturing processes in a steel fabrication environment
- Has led moderate to complex operations with products on manufacturing lines including cutting steel plate, fitting, welding, and outfitting
- Moderate knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.