Plant Mechanic/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Spring Hill, FL, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is hiring a Plant Mechanic/Welder who will perform all types of mechanical jobs throughout the plant and quarry, during regular operation schedule and mechanical maintenance.
Welding jobs include actual equipment and machinery and/or new pieces of equipment and structures needed for the normal operation of the plant and quarry.
The position must perform the work activities in a correct, accurate, and timely fashion due to the fact that every single work activity in our line of business is crucial for the whole operation.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 years of industry-related experience
- 3 years of welding experience
- Assist and performs emergency repairs throughout the plant and quarry
- Assist maintenance personnel during repairs and erection of metal structures
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other maintenance and plant personnel
- Identify and select necessary metal and equipment, including mechanical equipment
- Inspects equipment reported malfunctions and carries out required repairs as needed
- Lead one or more repairman welders during welding jobs and/or repairs
- Maintain good housekeeping in the plant and work areas-using shovel and broom
- Maintain necessary maintenance records
- Make and use sketches and drawings
- Perform maintenance modifications, cut and layout work
- Perform pipefitting work, requiring welded joints or connections
- Perform steel structural work on buildings
- Perform welding jobs using electric, acetylene and arc-air equipment evaluates and coordinates welding needs and repairs
- Performs necessary repairs to welding equipment
- Prevent damage to machinery, equipment, tools, and material
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
- Use bars, calipers, gauges, precision instruments, hand tools, and wrenches
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or Leadman
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, lead men, welders, maintenance personnel and co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- Ability to develop, read, and use mechanical, electrical, and structural sketches, blueprints, and drawings in order to perform repairs, structural metal modifications, and erect structures
- Ability to identify and select the appropriate metals and their properties, electrodes, and any other necessary element or materials to perform the correct welding work and welding technique
- Ability to operate standard and automatic welding machines, equipment, and powered mechanic tools
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and welding work-related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, conversions of four-five digit numbers, common units of measurement in both metric and the decimal system
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- To cut and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards and breakdown of plant and quarry machinery and equipment and respond accordingly
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently, or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or moving of 75 pounds and over, with frequent lifting and/or carrying oddly shaped objects weighing up to 75 pounds, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Most of the work tasks (80%) are performed outdoor and subject to environmental and weather condition changes
The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.