Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler) Job Highlights
|Title||Plant Operator/Cylinder Filler|
|Location||Marinette, WI, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Cylinder Filler who will be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical, and high-pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of prior experience in a manufacturing operation, filling, or loading experience.
- Assists with the loading and unloading of cylinders on and off pallets and tractor-trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Handles high-pressure, medical/liquid cylinders. Prepares high-pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold, and evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by the government, Airgas, and distributor standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps, and valves. Analyzes products for purity and correct mixtures.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Understands hazards of various gases; sizes and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to smell and hear leaking gas from cylinders.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Strong background in gas, welding, and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.