Plant Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Texarkana, TX, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is seeking a Plant Supervisor who will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in producing, repackaging, and delivering compressed gas cylinders.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have 8+ years of experience in the welding industry and operations
- Previous supervisory experience (required)
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving problems.
- Develop, implement and monitor periodic inspections of plant facilities to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure all vehicle accidents or personal injuries are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted, and documented.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and changes working conditions and use of equipment as needed to increase the efficiency of a work crew.
- Maintains a safety program that promotes safety awareness of employees while creating a mechanism in which the supervisors are actively participating and held accountable.
- Operate and safely maintain production plant for packaging gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local company policies and procedures and laws and regulations.
- Suggests or initiates plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals; recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and reviews all disciplinary measures.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation of all production supervisors, product operators, and administrative assistants of this unit.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, under pressure to meet deadlines, detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local regulatory procedures (CGMP, OSHA, FDA, etc.) as they apply to the daily plant operations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend M.S.D.S. sheets.
- Must be able to substitute for plant technicians at each position.
- Must be customer service-oriented and able to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Regularly required to stand, sit and walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch as well as talk and hear.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally move 26-80 pounds with the use of appropriate lifting equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Association is occasionally required by this position to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; or operate phones, computer keyboard, mouse, and calculator.
- Airgas offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental/vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days.
- In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program.
- Company-paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance.
- Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays, and floating holidays.
- Because our drivers are dispatched during the week, drivers are able to be home on most weekends and nights.
- In addition, Airgas covers the cost of the fingerprint fee for obtaining the hazmat endorsement on your DOT CDL.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.