Website Martin Marietta
Plant Utility Job Highlights
|Location||Indianapolis, IN, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is looking for a Plant Utility Person who will be responsible for plant maintenance as well as safely operating plant mobile heavy equipment including haul truck, motor grader, water truck, etc. to bring raw materials from pit to plant in a safe and efficient manner at maximum loading capacity.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience operating heavy mobile equipment.
- Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and regulations.
- Assist in plant repairs and clean-up.
- Must be able to or willing to learn to operate all other mobile equipment, including haul truck, motor grader, water truck, loader, and crane.
- Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment. Report needed repairs to shop personnel.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
- Perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to communicate in English on radio or CB.
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection reports.
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
- Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Operates 100% of the time in a sand dredge operation.
- Frequently operates heavy equipment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service.
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to work at various heights.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
- Larger equipment is typically air-conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry.
- May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.