Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Plasma Machine Operator 1/C Job Highlights
|Title||Plasma Machine Operator 1/C|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is searching for a Plasma Machine Operator 1/C who will set up and operate a CNC plasma machine to fabricate material in accordance with specifications, plans, and safety standards.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 years of working knowledge of CNC machines; operating processes, procedures, and techniques used in operating CNC plasma machines (desired)
- 1 year of experience as a CNC plasma machine operator (required) plus experience operating overhead cranes.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, safety, and OSHA regulations.
- Adjust controls to set and regulate machining factors as needed.
- Duties may include cross-training on such machines as the Press Brake and Wheelabrator equipment as needed.
- Inspect and operate equipment daily.
- Perform all necessary production work as part of the manufacturing process according to work instructions.
- Perform all necessary quality checks during production and follow procedures when defective material/parts are discovered. Ensure the finished product meets specifications and standards set forth by Company.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Start the machine and observe machine operation to reposition the workpiece, and change or adjust machine settings as needed.
- Troubleshoot equipment and make repairs/adjustments as needed.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Requires basic to intermediate level computer skills with the ability to load files from network location or disk.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space.
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.