Website Ford Motor Company
Press Equipment Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Press Equipment Engineer|
|Location||Dearborn, MI, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is seeking a Press Equipment Engineer to join its manufacturing team. The position will help to build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 2 or more years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Complete and follow through on purchase orders
- Complete risk assessments concurrently with multiple suppliers and plant engineering during design/build
- Conduct Equipment Design analysis including Mechanical FEA’s, FMEA’s, layout for maintainability, machinery foundations, and electrical/mechanical installations
- Coordinate testing of materials at Labs, interpret metallurgical issues and changes
- Develop installation plans including bid package preparation for contractor installations
- Engineer new press equipment and providing support to Stamping plants for critical repairs and refurbishments
- Establish and maintain a master schedule with technical assistance and plant labor coordination
- Estimate budget and secure quotes for investment studies
- Learn and execute Ford Safety process: Risk Assessments, Safety Pre-task Analysis, PROTAG, and ECPL
- Maintain and update equipment records
- Maintain project budgets and use Ford financial reporting systems (PCAM & PFR)
- Provide analysis of failures and interpret test results, and complete failure reports
- Provide on-site support during installations releases at the plants. This may require weekends and multiple 2-week stays out of town)
- Provide technical analysis of issues using principles of dynamics, physics, and mechanics of materials.
- Support emergency breakdowns (calls after hours/weekends sometimes are expected)
- Willingness to travel 25-30% both internationally and domestically (from the home base of Dearborn, MI)
- Write technical specifications for new equipment, improvements, and repairs for both procurement and installation
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD, Catia, and Team Center strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Hydraulic and pneumatic controls and operation preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Project and Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Experience/knowledge of Coil-feed (flat metal) process equipment such as Progressive and/or Blanking equipment desired
- Experience/knowledge of metallurgy reports (Spectrographs, methods of interpreting microstructures and failure modes, identifying heat causal factors)
- Familiarity with welding, machining, and fundamental metallurgical properties of materials used in machine design is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Servo-hydraulic system operation and controls preferred
- Strong understanding of Energy Control and Power Lockout and risk assessment process in equipment design and operation preferred
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.