Website Martinrea International
Press Shop Finger Set-up Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Press Shop Finger Set-up Operator|
|Location||Brampton, ON, Canada|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is looking for a Press Shop Finger Set-up Operator who will maintain transfer fingers for press shop job runs and back-up for Press Set-up Operator.
- Applicants should have a Grade 12 Education or Equivalent
- Possess a minimum 6 months of manufacturing experience in press transfer finger set-up
- Adjust sensors and periodically check the sensors for any damages
- Back-up for Press Set-up Operator
- Conduct PM’s on transfer rails, potential replacement of hoses, and sensor cables
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or the co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Maintain transfer fingers, fabricating, testing, connecting, and adjusting transfer fingers
- Order spare parts, manage and coordinate with supervisor and Tool Crib on the parts
- Perform minor fabrication like welding, drilling, saw, etc.
- Set up fingers in a timely manner and ensure the smooth functioning of the dies
- Set up new transfer jobs when switching dies, assembling fingers, and programming transfers
- Set up fingers on transfers and ensure all sensors are functional before running
- Update check sheets, complete all paperwork for preventive maintenance
- Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision and directions
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and able to utilize problem-solving techniques effectively
- Excellent attendance
- Excellent English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Support Quality System, Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Systems requirements
- Willing to perform other duties/tasks that are of a reasonable request by the Press Supervisor
- 100% plant floor (PPE required)
- Lifting and pushing as needed
- Require communication with employees, peers, and management
- Prohibited from walking under a suspended hoist, cranes, or forklifts.
- Must follow all LOTO procedures
- Comply with all environmental requirements including our recycling program.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices, or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must work in accordance with health and safety regulations, company rules, plant rules, policies, and procedures
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.