Website DAK Americas
Pressure Equipment Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Pressure Equipment Inspector|
|Location||Columbia, SC, United States|
DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET), and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere.
DAK Americas, a division of Alpek, is a petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
The company is looking for a Pressure Equipment Inspector who will primarily plan, direct, evaluate, and document the safety and integrity of pressure vessels, tanks, and piping systems in accordance with regulatory and code requirements.
Also, responsible for monitoring new fabrication and repairs/alterations to pressure equipment.
The position will report to the Reliability/Mechanical Integrity Engineer.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Some colleges, particularly science oriented (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science-oriented field (a plus)
- API 510, 570, and 653 certifications (a plus)
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) (a plus)
- National Board Certification Inspector Certification (a plus)
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Pressure Equipment Inspector
- Experience with Siemens PSAIM or similar inspection data management systems (IDMS)
- Significant experience in the field performing PT, VT, UT, and MT inspections
- Assists in the training and development of others within the organization
- Develops and executes inspection plans for pressure vessels, piping, and tanks
- Directs the day-to-day activity of NDT Technicians
- Documents non-destructive testing methods, processes, or results
- Interprets and reviews engineering drawings, as required
- Interprets inspection results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures
- Participates in Root Cause Failure Analysis teams
- Prepares inspection reports, makes technically-sound recommendations, and communicates findings to appropriate parties
- Provides integral input to control/reduce life cycle costs of plant equipment by increasing mechanical reliability
- Provides quality assurance for new construction and repairs
- Some travel may be required (10% estimated, some overnight, domestic, and international)
- Visually examines materials, structures, or components for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks, or other flaws
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Results-oriented process-driven team leader with exceptional organizational skills
- Strong safety background
- Be results-driven, motivated by technical challenges
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability and desire to inspect vessel internals by means of confined space entry
- Bending, stretching, standing for extended periods of time, reaching, twisting, sitting, and walking
- Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolds
- Must be able to lift 25-pounds, unassisted
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends, if needed
- Working in or near industrial hazards
DAK Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit dakamericas.jobs.net.