Website Delta Air Lines
Principal Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Atlanta, GA, United States|
|Company||Delta Air Lines|
Delta Air Lines is the U.S. global airline leader in safety, innovation, reliability, and customer experience.
The company is searching for a Principal Engineer who will operate within the Delta TechOps’ Repair Engineering Organization. This position provides technical leadership for turbofan engine MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul) activities.
The main focus of this position is to identify savings opportunities through the scrap prevention and salvage of turbofan engine components.
Successful applicants for this position will need to translate initiatives into actions and use intra-departmental goals to prioritize work with limited guidance.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- The candidates should have the required relevant industry experience.
- Collaborate with Delta’s SMEs and ODA to develop substantiation and regulatory compliance plans
- Develop relationships and work with outside repair vendors to develop repairs and identify savings opportunities for turbofan engine components
- Establish and maintain schedules that achieve defined objectives
- Organize and/or prepare all relevant reports, drawings, and/or engineering authorizations for assigned projects
- Work directly with engine maintenance, engineering team members, and engineering management to develop repair and process solutions for turbofan engine components
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Material Science Engineering from an accredited institution with 8 years or more of relevant industry experience or 13 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years of industry experience credited for a Master’s degree, in the listed disciplines
- 3 years industry experience credited for a Ph.D. in the listed disciplines
- The airline, OEM, or MRO experience with commercial aircraft engines
- Experience with MRB (Material Review Board) and/or scrap recovery of turbofan engine components
- Experience with the repair or design of gas turbine or turbofan engine components and repair concepts typically used in repair/manufacturing (e.g. machining, welding, heat treatment, brazing, cleaning, plating, and coatings)
- Experience working with turbofan engine repair vendors
- Able to work through ambiguity to achieve desired results
- Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Compensation and title based upon experience level
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles
- Strong adaptability skills with any changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership attributes, with the ability to influence and gain support via mutual respect
- The company offers comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and eligible dependents, short/long term disability, holidays, paid personal time off, vacation, non-revenue travel privileges, 401(k), profit-sharing, and much more.
Delta Air Lines is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements.
To apply for this job please visit delta.avature.net.