Website Arrow Acquisition
Process Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Process Design Engineer|
|Location||Lenexa, KS, United States|
Arrow Acquisition is a B2B manufacturing business, providing solutions to the material handling industry. Arrow has been designing and delivering high-quality forks and attachments.
The company is seeking a Process Design Engineer who will drive the factory in areas of process improvement and lean manufacturing activities related to machining, welding, grinding, cutting, assembly, in-process inspection and test, paint/detail, hydraulics, final inspection and test with the goal of continually improving operations by increasing throughput while simultaneously reducing the cost of goods sold.
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment for support of the production facility as related to forklift truck attachments. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic, and various fluid power systems for the production facility.
Responsible for developing a lean manufacturing methodology process design, operation, and implementation in the machine shop, welding, assembly, fabrication, and hydraulic test operations.
- The applicants should have a BS Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Process or Industrial Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in metal fabrication, welding shop and including knowledge of and experience with hydraulics
- CAD or AutoCad Experience Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Experience with ERP systems (Global Shop or similar)
- Knowledge of Quality System requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of production facility and processes, including operations, shipping, receiving, inventory, logistics, warehousing, etc.
- Ability to communicate with vendors that produce custom parts or equipment.
- Active participant in the Company Safety Program with a goal of ensuring a safe and suitable work environment for all employees and meeting the requirements mandated by the Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
- Complies with Quality Management System requirements.
- Contributes expertise toward planning, cost reduction, new products, and various company projects.
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Review and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost or maintenance requirements in manufacturing the most efficient in a production environment.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, and tests mobile mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic products, components, and accessories.
- Develops Manufacturing Engineering Goals and Objectives in line with company goals and objectives with emphasis on quality, cost reductions, and productivity improvements.
- Develops robust processes for control of quality with aim of providing avenues for continuous improvement in quality and productivity.
- Provide production engineering support to sales personnel by coordinating and consulting with to design, layout or detail components and systems to customer specifications for forklift attachments.
- Recommends changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy, and raw materials. May work on processes for new or more complex products.
- Evaluate opportunities for improvement and launches initiatives for improvement in accordance with the Continuous Improvement Program.
- Leads small group Kaizen improvement activity teams.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
- Provide assistance to other departments, as needed.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with members of management, vendors, and other employees
- Ability to lead and manage several projects simultaneously; thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable operating and documentation procedures and material flow.
- Ability to lead, supervise and train others
- Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize, organize, solve problems, and complete tasks independently
- Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
Arrow Acquisition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.arrowacq.com.