Website Martinrea International
Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Tuscaloosa, AL, United States|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is searching for a Process Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating new and existing manufacturing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Responsible for creating, documenting, developing, and implementing the procedures required to assemble, test process, and manufacture products.
- Applicants should have a University Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Possess 3 to 5 years of various manufacturing processes (stamping, fabrication, welding, assembly, etc.) and tooling experience (automotive environment is preferred)
- Must have automotive experience – including RSW, GMAW, Riveting, Lean Manufacturing
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human
- Analyse data and identify root causes of defects. Provide corrective actions in order to improve a particular process or product yield.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Assist in developing PFMEA, FMEA, PCP, and PFDs
- Assist the Health and Safety team in the design and implementation of ergonomic projects
- Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
- Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging the equipment, parts, and material purchase, and evaluating products accordingly to quality standards and specifications.
- Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures in manufacturing environments.
- Developing, evaluating, improving, and documenting current and future manufacturing processes.
- Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Improve the efficiency of processes through lean manufacturing tools.
- Interfaces with customers as required.
- Providing engineering support in the production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Supporting company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
- This position works with minimal supervision, this position also concerns itself with confidential company documents.
- Working closely with the manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of SPC
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve new and unique problems.
- Excellent communication skills (English written and oral).
- Excellent time management and work organizational (prioritization) skills.
- Highly proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio).
- Knowledge in CAD: 3D Models, SPC, drawings, and GD&T an asset
- Knowledge of process evaluation, time study, statistical methods analysis,
- Periodic travel required throughout North America
- Strong knowledge of Resistance Welding (Medar/Bosch), Projection, and Mig Welding (GMAW/FCAW)
- Strong understanding of robotics, control systems, and machine operation and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge/understanding of Drawn Arc Stud welding (Emhart)
- Working knowledge/understanding of the SPR (Self Piercing Rivet) process would be an asset
- Office Environment and Plant Floor (40% Office, 60% Plant Floor)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, Supplier Discounts
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Long-term disability coverage.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.