Website Lincoln Electric
Weld Systems Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Process Engineer-Weld Systems
|Shelby Township, MI, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is looking to hire a Weld Systems Process Engineer to join its team.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- 3 years background in technical, proposal, and estimating; as well as engineering and Weld System Design
- Know-how in Mechanical and Controls.
- Demonstrate Engineering, Estimating and Conceptual Designs
- Working level and competent in Inventor or 3D ACAD
- Ability to multitask between multiple projects, meetings, and daily priorities within the group
- Analyze and validate machine ergonomics.
- Assembly processing capabilities (including layouts and cycle time analysis).
- Comprehension of mechanical and control prints.
- Create standards and tools for the department.
- Develop and maintain formal cycle time charts.
- Develop innovative detailed assembly process solutions, document the process with detailed cycle time charts, and provide layouts to match the process.
- Follow up on the floor during machine builds and buy off to evaluate cycle times.
- Line up the simulation group at the start of the program and follow through to completion.
- Maintain existing process documents.
- Must be capable of processing welding lines (resistance, MIG, projection, drawn arc, and mechanical fastening).
- Must be familiar with weld gun selection, specifying weld gun electrode design, and spot distribution.
- Product and GD&T control (including station assemblies).
- Provides technical assistance to Mechanical Engineering Department Project Engineers.
- Review and respond to customer inquiries and engineering changes.
- Support the engineering team with required process activities throughout the design and build.
- Use videos to validate, create, modify, and improve process times.
- Utilization of Inventor or ACAD for the development of tooling concepts and layout drawings.
- Travel (approximately 3%), weekend and holiday hours may be required based on the level of project urgency
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to work in the office and occasionally at a customer plant.
- The company offers competitive pay with a lucrative annual profit-sharing incentive, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, paid time off/paid holidays, retirement, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.