Website Dura Automotive Systems
Process Engineer – Welding Job Highlights
|Title||Process Engineer – Welding|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI, United States|
|Company||Dura Automotive Systems|
Dura Automotive Systems is a global Tier One automotive supplier specializing in the design, engineering, and manufacturing of safe mobility solutions. The company’s products include mechatronic control systems, including shift-by-wire systems; electronic systems, including actuators and Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS); lightweight structural body systems, including aluminum and multi-material closures; and exterior systems, including power window systems and exterior trim.
The company is seeking an individual to join its team for various engineering, management, and manufacturing activities.
- The prospective applicants should have passed a Degree in Welding or Manufacturing or other related engineering fields from a college/welding school.
Note: Extensive experience can be substituted for education (program).
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Experience with welding, assembly, milling, leak testing, or controls preferred.
- Assist in the development of equipment and tooling standards.
- Assist in the identification and development of new equipment and tooling sources.
- Develop and support welding and assembly processes that meet customer specifications. Including timing for new and existing products as well as meet customer cost targets.
- Develop Welding Procedure Specifications and Procedure Qualification Records to document and support critical welding processes.
- Domestic, South America, and Europe travel is required to support equipment builds and launches as needed for program support.
- Identify any destructive or mechanical testing that will need to be done prior to production launch.
- Lead continuous improvement activities including parameter improvement exercises, efficient design of joints, training activities, etc. Participate in various other lean events.
- Leads the resolution of manufacturing process problems and customer concerns to promote continuous improvement of production efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Manage suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of welding and assembly equipment and tooling. Ensure all aspects of the assembly process, including the design, construction, trials, qualification, and maintenance plans, meet specifications. As well as provide updates and status reports on the equipment to program leaders and management teams.
- Participates in DFM activities and discussions to improve product designs and manufacturing methods that support more robust processes and improved quality.
- Review product GD&T and process simulations to determine manufacturing feasibility.
- Work with DURA plant personnel and cross-functional teams to ensure the flawless launch of such processes for new contracts awarded.
- Other duties as assigned by the Process Engineering Supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable in lean manufacturing and principles, waste reduction, and Six Sigma
- Be proficient in AutoCAD and/or Solid Works
- Must be proficient with basic GD&T as well as destructive and non-destructive testing of welds per industry and automotive standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- A good listener with a strong sense of self
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people collaboratively, enthusiastically, and effectively produce results
- Consensus builder with strong persuasion skills
- Exhibits passion for the mission of the company and the needs of our client
- Must be flexible with the ability to change, adapt and grow
- Superior communication skills and can present his/her ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Unquestioned integrity and values that the organization can trust without reservation
Dura Automotive Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.duraauto.com.